So I'm a little late for Easter but as promised, here are the cards I made for the alcohol ink challenges over at Artsy Inkers.
For the first week's challenge, I made agate backgrounds (aka tumbled glass). Here's the tutorial Far North/ Jan included for this technique. Alcohol Ink Tutorial 1
I tried this technique on 3 different types of paper. From left to right - photo paper, glossy cardstock, comic book board. For those you don't know, comic book board is the board used when you store comic books in plastic resealable bags. One side is slightly glossy and the other is matte. It is thicker that paste board (cereal box) but thinner than the chipboard you can buy in a package at Michael's.
The technique did not work on the photo paper at all. When I went to add the drops of blending fluid, nothing happened. And I think I like the way the comic book board reacted to the drops of BF best.
AIs used: Lemonade, Cool Peri, Peach Belini, Shell Pink, Pink Sherbert, Pearl Mixative
And here it the card I made with one of the background (I think it is the photo paper one). The image was one I received in the kit I received as part of March's kit in an envelope swap. I colored him with Copics (I'll list the markers I used at the bottom).
Since the agate technique did not work on the photo paper, I didn't bother using it again. The top photo is the glossy cardstock and the bottom is the comic book board.
AIs used - Stream, Aqua, Pool, Pearl Mixative
And here's the finished card. The image is a digital stamp by Mo's Digital Pencil. I used my silhouette to print and cut it. I colored him with Copic. The green strip is the leftover bit from die cutting grass for another project (I'll be sharing those in another post). The paper was colored with Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles.
For this piece, the challenge was to remove some of the alcohol ink with blending fluid. To do this, I used a Spellbinders Oval Nesties die as a stencil for applying the blending fluid. I did this on glossy cardstock.
Here's the card I made with it. Sorry about the shadow, but the only way I could get the colors right was to take the picture in the sun. The image is a digital stamp by Mo's Digital Pencil. I printed and cut it with my silhouette and colored with Copic markers. I made the bow with my bow it all.
For the finished card, I used the image from my March received kit, which I colored with Copics.
Here are the finished card.
For these, I used the vellum and the plastic packaging. The image is by American Art Stamp and colored with Twinkle H2Os. I used brads to attach the alcohol backgrounds to the white cardstock.
For this one, I did monoprinting. Alcohol Ink Tutorial 5
I used the packaging from a die to do the printing. The stamps are by My Favorite Things and were stamped with Stazon. I used Spellbinder dies for the oval and scallop oval.
AIs used - Cool Peri, Shell Pink, Peach Belini.
I created the background with Peach Belini, Pink Sherbert, Sandal and Pearl mixative. The stamps are all from My Favorite Things and stamped with Stazon. After stamping, I went back with a white pen and colored some bits in. I really need to remember to do this technique more often because I really like how the white ink looks.
And one more Easter card. Here is the tutorial for this one. Alcohol Ink Tutorial 6
Jelly Bean Mouse 1
Jelly Beans - YR02, B02, Y02, G02, V04, RV02, Y000, G00, B00, YR00, RV000, V000
Mouse - E000, W-3, W-0,
Jar - B000
Clothes - B02, B00, YG000, YG00, YG03
Chicks - Y02, Y17
Eggs - YG06, B02, BG01, YR02, V15, RV02
Bow - BG09, BG000
Basket - YR21, YR24, YR27
Flowers - BV000, BV02, BV04
Bow - BV13, BV17
Clothes - yg03, YG06, Y02, Y17, RV52, RV55
Bunny - RV10, RV000, C-0
Eggs - G02, B02, Y02, BG01, RV52, BV08, BV04, V04, YG01
Basket - YR21, YR20, YR24, YR27, E47
Jelly Bean Mouse 2
Jelly Beans - B00, G00, YR000, YR00, BV00, RV000, Y000
Mouse - E000, E23, E21, R11
Chick - I forgot to write down the colors I used.
Thanks for stopping by and please come again.