I created the base with used paper towels. When I color with DI, I usually smoosh the ink on my craft mat, pick up the color with a brush or dauber, and when I’m done, I mist with water and wipe the excess up with a paper towel. As a result I have some pretty paper towels. So of course, I save them. To create the base, I took a large snippet of white cardstock, applied Mod Podge, put the paper towel down and then coated it with more Mod Podge. And I ran into some trouble. The paper towel was 2 ply. The glue didn’t go through both layers, so I had several spots that need more Mod Podge. When I did the back of the tag, I separated the plies and applied them one at a time. That worked much better. And the colors weren’t bright enough if I used just one of the layers.
Thank you everybody who has wished me luck with my etsy shop.
Thanks for stopping by and please come again.