Hi and thanks for checking out my crafting blog. While it will primarily be dedicated to paper crafting, particularly card making, I do love a variety of crafts. So you never know what might show up here. Hopefully you can pop by often to see what this nerdy girl is currently crafting.
which provided the
inspiration for the layout and how I did the background.
For this piece, I started by stamping the acorn and leaves
on a snippet of X-Press paper with Memento Rich Cocoa.Then I colored them with Copics and fussy cut
them out with my Fiskars fingertip craft knife. The image is by
I don’t know about you, but white edges drive me batty when
I fussy cut things out.So I’ve got a
tip for dealing with that.After I cut
the piece out, I place it on a piece of scrap paper and run a marker in the
same/ similar color as the ink I stamped with along the piece.Basically I trace the piece on the scrap
paper.That way the edges get
colored.Just be careful, I can’t tell
you the number of times I slipped and add a line to the image.Here are some before and after pictures.
For the base, I took a piece of patterned paper and stamped
with the background sentiment stamp by the Stampin Place with Versafine in Vintage Sepia and embossed with clear embossing powder.I added the lace to the back of the piece and attached that to the kraft
I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the piece for the
sentiment.The sentiment is by Impression
Obsession and stamped with Versamagic in pumpkin spice.
For this card, I took a three by three piece of cream
cardstock and stamped it with the Inkadinkado flourish stamp with Versamark and
heat embossed with clear powder.Then I inked
the piece with Distress Inks in Spiced Maramalde, Fired Brick and Wild Honey. And wiped the ink off the embossed
portions.Then I cut the square into
inchies (one inch square).I took five
of the inchies and added stamped images and the sentiment.I added the squares to a kraft base.Then I added the orange ribbon from August’s ribbon club assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbons.I made the bow using my bow-it-all and added it with a glue dot.
The stamps used are:
butterflies – Stampendous
Big leaf – Fiskars
Small Leaf –
Fall – Stampendous
This card is my version of an absolutely beautiful card made
by Jennifer McGuire. Jennifer McGuire Get Well. You will notice that my piece is strikingly
similar.I used different stamps and
different techniques but I just loved Jennifer’s piece, and as they say,
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Because it is so similar to Jennifer’s piece,
I wasn’t going to post it but, I really like how the butterfly came out.So I decided to share it.
To create this card, I started with two pieces of watercolor
paper.For the card base, I brayered on
Distress Ink in fired brick.Because the
paper has some texture and I used the brayer to apply the ink, it created a
cool effect.I think I misted the brayer
with a little water to get better coverage.For the smaller piece, I used Spiced Marmalade and did the same
thing.I stamped both pieces with
Inkadinkado flourish stamps with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.After stamping, I used my corner rounder on
the smaller piece.
I inked a scrap of watercolor paper with DI in Fired Brick
for the sentiment, stamped it with DI in Vintage Photo and dovetailed the
ends.I inked the edges with Vintage
Photo as well.When I attached it to the
smaller piece, I put a foam square in the center and then used adhesive on the
ends to glue them down.
For the butterfly, I stamped the butterfly with Versafine in
Onyx Black and embossed with clear embossing powder.Then I painted the butterfly with twinkle
Once assembled, I added liquid pearls in Cantaloupe and
Rogue.To get them to flatten, I applied
a couple of dots at a time and then thwapped (yes, I just made up that word) the
card against my craft desk.Basically, I
tapped, with some force, the back of the card against my desk until I liked the
look of the dots.I figured out that
given the heat in Florida, the liquid pearls start to set up fairly
quickly.So I had to apply the dots in
batches or the thwapping wouldn’t work.
I started by cutting the tag shape with my silhouette from
watercolor paper and from plain cardstock.I actually made a few of these because I donated several to Operation
Write Home.So for the first one, I cut
the branch from the watercolor paper tag first and then the leaves.But that meant when I cut the leaf that’s
dangling off the branch, I didn’t get the full leaf.So I had to re-cut it from a snippet of
watercolor paper.For the rest of the
tags I made, I used the branch die to figure out the placement of the leaf, but
cut the leaves first.Hopefully that
makes sense.Then I ran the branch and leaves through my
Big Kick again to emboss them.
I inked the background with Distress Ink in Mustard
Seed.Then I stamped the background
sentiment by the Stampin Place with Tea Dye Distress Ink (I think).I colored the branch with Tea Dye and Vintage
Photo Distress Ink. The leaves were
colored with Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemon, Fired Brick and Barn Door.
I then attached the watercolor paper tag to the plain
cardstock.Then I placed the branch and leaves back into
the tag.To finish it off, I added some
ribbon from my stash, pattern paper to the card base and the tag on top.