Monday, August 25, 2014

Shopping Moratorium and Project 1 - Drac

I have too much crafting stuff and I'm a shopaholic. So I'm taking inspiration for an on-line crafting buddy, scrappymo (check out her blog: Scraps of Life by Scrappymo), and imposing a shopping moratorium until I finish and post on my blog 50 projects. Getting the projects completed shouldn't take too long. In fact, I just finished 40 different card designs for donating to Operation Write Home. I just seem to have difficulty posting regularly. So I hoping this moratorium will help me to post more often and to use some of my neglected stuff. Now there are 3 exceptions: 1) if I run out of white card stock, I can restock because it is hard to make cards if I don't have cardstock; 2) if I run out of adhesive, I can restock for the same reason; and 3) I'm not canceling my ribbon of the month club with Really ReasonableRibbon.
 
 
So here's my first project. I participated in a kit-in-an-envelope swap and this is one of my projects from my kept kit. If you aren't familiar with a KIAE swap, you create two identical kits, one you keep and one you swap. Then you have to make a project with items in your kept kit and in the kit you receive from your swap partner.
 


Drac and the skulls are by Recollections. They are part of set that was RAKed to me last years.   I colored him with Copics. I added Stickles to three of the corners.  The pattern paper is by Doodlebug Design.
 
 
I covered the skulls with glossy accents before fussy cutting them out.
 


The bat was created with air dry clay and a Martha Stewart mold. I used Distress Ink in Dusty Concord and Black Soot to color the bat.

Copic marker list:
Outside of Cape – BV23, BV25 and BV29
Inside of Cape – V12, V15 and V17
Pants - BV23, BV25 and BV29
Vest – YR04 and YR07
Shoes – Yr04 and YG03
Skull – W-0
Hair – C-7 and 100

Thanks for stopping by and please come again.
 
 
   


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Spooky and cute, cute, cute.
    I answered you via my gmial link but not sure if that goes to your blog so just delete one of them if you get 2 comments from me on your blog.

    Thank you for honouring me with the hyperlink on this post. It has really been fun and easy to do. I have saved enough for my new Mac computer, laser priinter and extra hard drive. It was important to me to save it myself!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, sorry I've been late in commenting, but I did so enjoy your card & your interesting post. I think it's fabulous that Scrappymoi has inspired you to shop your stash for a while, and know that I should be doing the same thing! (Your exceptions made perfect logic to me as well). Maureen is one talented cardmaker and uses her stash so creatively. She's an inspiration to us all. Your Drac & skulls made such an adorable Halloween card, and can't wait to see your next posts. Hope you can get your goals of more frequent posting done. It's hard to keep up with blogging, card making and returning blog visits! I'm always behind! Hope you're having a pleasant weekend. Thanks for your visits & sweet comments. Always look forward to seeing you. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete