Hi and thanks for checking out my crafting blog. While it will primarily be dedicated to paper crafting, particularly card making, I do love a variety of crafts. So you never know what might show up here. Hopefully you can pop by often to see what this nerdy girl is currently crafting.
Every have one of those projects that
does not want to cooperate with what you have planned. And you are
left with a choice of either forcing it to get with your plan or
letting go of the plan and listening to what the project want to do.
Well this was one of those projects. That cute little bunny did not
like my plan. The planned card would have had the bunny on a cut out
label shape with Fran-tage embossing powder and color fragments
around the edges. As you can see, that is not what happened.
I started out by opening the bunny digi
stamp (by a Day for Daisies) in my Silhouette Studio, resizing it,
opening the label cut file, sizing it around the bunny, printing the
bunny with registration marks, and then attempting to cut it out.
The first time, I loaded the cutting mat wrong and the cut went
through the middle of the bunny.
Attempt number two was successful. So
I colored the bunny with colored pencils and blended them with baby
oil. I then inked the edges of the label with Versamark ink and
added the embossing powders and color fragments. Because the
fragments don't stick to the piece, you have to heat it from
underneath. Here's where it went horribly wrong. I scorched the
paper in two places. So I set bunny aside and stated working on the
For the background, I decided to do an
embossed resist technique. I started by stamping the Inkadinkado
swirls with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. You
can kinda see the pattern I created on the paper.
I then added Distress Ink in milled
lavender and tumbled sage. I thought the lavender was a little to
pink, so went back and added some watered down dusty concord. Here's
the final result.
Once I got done with the background, I
went back to the bunny. I had two choices: start over or fussy cut
the bunny out. I really liked how the coloring came out. So I
decided to fussy cut the bunny. I used foam squares to attach him to
the base. It still needed something. This weekend, I had made some
flowers, leaves and butterflies using Martha Stewart molds and air
dry clay. So I pulled out a couple of flowers and leaves and painted
them with acrylic paints. Then I brushed on some Twinkle H2O paint
to add a little sparkle. I used glue dots to add them to the
corners, and viola, the bunny card was finished.
Here's a close up of the flower:
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my troublesome bunny. Have a great day.